First & Second Graders Promote Health & Wellness
Our remaining first and second grade classrooms performed for their parents this week. They sang, danced and created artwork that promoted healthy lifestyles. Through song and movement students demonstrated healthy choices. We thank our specials team for preparing students for this event.
PARCC & CMAS Schedules
Students in grades 3-5 will begin their state testing this month. Students in these grade levels will be assessed in literacy and math using the PARCC assessments, or the Partnership for Assessment of College and Career Readiness. Fifth graders will take an additional science assessment called the Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS). Please see the testing schedule below and refrain from scheduling outside appointments during students’ testing times. We also recommend that students have a good night sleep and eat a healthy breakfast each day of testing.
March 14-16 Third & Fourth Grade Literacy Assessment
April 6-8 Fifth Grade Science Assessment
April 11-14 Third Grade Math Assessment
April 11-13 Fifth Grade Literacy Assessment
April 19-21 Fourth & Fifth Grade Math Assessment
Shade Structure Update Funded with Digger Dash Dollars
We were excited to use our Digger Dash Dollars to fund a new shade structure for the front playground. We are currently working with the District to get competitive bids for the structure. Because the project requires us get a soil sample and dig large holes in the playground the structure is scheduled to be installed this summer. We will continue to provide you with updates as we get closer to the spring.
We are asking for your cooperation with traffic flow. As always the safety of the children is our number one priority.
- Please follow the law and our signage when entering and exiting the car loop. If not, you may be ticketed.
- Cars must use the car loop. Cars may not enter the bus loop.
- If you choose to park, please walk your children through the crosswalk to the front of the school and do not drop them in the parking lot.
- Please pull forward and do not stop at the lower door during afternoon pick up. Students have been instructed to walk up to the fence and use the crosswalk, and not to enter cars at the lower door area.
- Do not call or motion for your kids to come to your car other than through the crosswalk which is supervised.
- Be vigilant and avoid distractions by putting cell phones and other electronic devices away as a one second distraction may cause you to miss seeing a child crossing.
- Please be respectful to the adults who are monitoring the car loop daily to keep all children safe.
Legend High School Gala
The Legend Gala is an opportunity to bring the Legend Community together to form strong relationships among the parents, community, teachers and staff, and to support all Legend High School programs. Click here for flyer or go directly to tickets http://gala.legendtitans.org/
March 8- PTO Meeting
March 9-14- DCSD Art Exhibition at Lone Tree Arts Center. Click here for more information.
March 14, 15, 16- PARCC testing for grades 3 (9:20- 11:00AM) & 4 (1:45- 3:15PM)
March 18- April 3- Spring Break