First Week of School Highlights!
We had a wonderful first week of school! Students have settled into classroom routines and they are starting their first instructional units. Students are happy and showing genuine excitement for the new year!
Go For the Gold Assembly
This week students reviewed what it looks like to Go for the Gold, or Give Respect, Own Your Actions, Listen and Learn and Do Your Best! Students corrected teachers who purposely demonstrated unexpected behaviors and modeled what it should look like in different parts of the building. They also sang a Go for the Gold Song to the tune of YMCA! It was a great way to remind students of these important behaviors.
After learning that buddy benches are places students can go to find and make new friends on the playground, a group of now fifth grade students took it upon themselves to bring two of these benches to Gold Rush. These students presented this idea to administrators and the PTO. This week students trained their peers on how to use the bench. We are proud of these students’ leadership and for making our school an even friendly place.
Back To School Night
· Wednesday, August 19 @ 6:00-6:30 & 6:45- 7:15. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about your child’s curriculum and classroom procedures. You may attend either session.
Morning Drop Off Reminders
· Please remember to drop off students no earlier than 8:55AM as supervision does not begin until then.
· Dogs are not allowed on school property.
Procedures for Delayed Dismissal
We had the opportunity to practice our first delayed dismissal due to weather. Who would have thought that would have happened the second day of school! If we need to delay dismissal due to severe weather we try make the decision at 3:50 whenever possible. If you signed up for the District messaging system, you will receive a text message and phone call from the school informing you that you need to come into school and sign your child out from his/her classroom. Click here to register for this communication. All parents will receive an email from the office indicating a delayed dismissal. Students wait in the gym after 4:15. Students who attend indoor after school clubs or BASE are dismissed to those locations and bus riders proceed to the buses when it is safe to do so.
School Advisory Committee (SAC)
Our physical education teacher, Mrs. Warner, is excited to offer two sessions of running club again this year starting August 31st. A link to register your child will be posted on my blog on August 21st. Spaces are limited to 75 students per session so please sign up as soon as possible if you are interested in this activity. Click here for additional information regarding running club.
· We were able to purchase several pieces of playground equipment because families turned in labels for education! Thank you PTO for organizing this opportunity!
· PTO is starting to collect pictures for the yearbook. Please send any back to school photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding our policies and procedures, please click here for our 2015/2016 Golden Nuggets.
Assessment Day Information
Students will attend school for one hour on either August 20th or 21st. Please see the assessment day checklist below for an overview of the day.
As you read, students will take the picture after their assessment hour. Be prepared by ordering online at mylifetouch.com
- No need to send cash or flyer back to school when you order online.
- See more options online
- Use credit card or PayPal on our secure site.