Welcome Back Teachers
The building was full of excitement and energy this week as teachers officially returned to Gold Rush on Wednesday. We had an action packed week getting to know our new staff and meeting as teams. The staff also engaged in a training called Emergenetics that allowed us to learn about each others’ learning preferences, behaviors and styles. Our initial time together helped us understand how we can continue honored traditions and cultural elements present at Gold Rush and work collaboratively throughout the year. We look forward to continuing the excitement for the new year next week when we officially welcome your family! Click here to access your teachers’ classroom webpage. You will find a welcome back to school letter.
Libby Bergner Appointed Gold Rush’s New Assistant Principal
I am proud to announce that former second grade teacher Libby Bergner was appointed Gold Rush’s new Assistant Principal this week. Mrs. Bergner has taught in Douglas County for thirteen years, the last four at Gold Rush. She has experience in both a primary and intermediate classrooms and she served on the core team that opened our school. Mrs. Bergner’s knowledge of our students, school and community make her a perfect match for the position. Please help me congratulate Mrs. Bergner on her new appointment!
Student Goal Setting Conferences
We look forward to seeing your family at Student Goal Setting Conferences on either August 6th or 7th. Student Goal Setting Conferences are a wonderful opportunity for your family to meet your child’s new teacher and discuss your hopes and dreams for the coming year. This is also a time for your child to settle into his/her new classroom and unpack his/her school supplies. To make sure that all families have enough time with their teacher we ask that you be on time for your scheduled conference.
This is also a time for you to complete your child’s registration. Please remember that if you still need to pay fees, that you can only pay by check at school. Please also make sure that you bring the following documents so that you can complete the registration process in a timely manner:
· Medications to be delivered to the health room
· Updated immunization records (only if any new shots were administered)
· Proof of residence if you have changed addresses
· Emergency Dismissal Form
· Student Directory Form
* Click here for information regarding bus routes and stop locations
* Click here for Zpass information or call (303) 387-0447
* Click here for a Zpass application
· Make sure to stop by the PTO information table on August 6th and 7th during Student Goal Setting Conferences
· Gold Rush Spirit Wear will be available for purchase Monday and Tuesday
· Check out the 2012-2013 PTO board members, event dates and volunteer information here