Students Present to PTO
This week students in third and fourth grade presented to PTO about ideas for the school. As part of their persuasive writing unit, fourth grade students presented the addition of buddy benches on the playground. Buddy benches would be a place for students to find friends to play with. Third grade students presented the addition of a school garden, which was also part of their writing. Students shared data from peers about their interest in a school garden (641 students out of 669 indicated they were interested in a garden) and their budget for materials. They also shared how they would sustain the garden over time with a gardening club. We are currently reviewing funding sources to see if these student projects are possible.
We are looking forward to spreading kindness next week. Students will complete acts of kindness, participate in kindness spirit events and compete in a door decorating contest with the theme of kindness. See the calendar below for school spirit events. Click here for additional information.
Home Depot Supports Second Grade Science Writers
Home Depot helped second grade students build ramps for part of their writing and science unit. Students are currently writing like scientists. They are designing experiments that focus on the concepts of force and motion. They are then drafting their hypothesis and describing their procedures, results and conclusions. We thank Home Depot for their materials.
Calendar of Events
· February 9 – Kindness is the Gold Rush Way – Wear School Spirit Gear
· February 10 – Team Kindness – Wear Sports Gear
· February 11 - Happy Hats – Wear a Hat
· February 12 – “I Dream of Kindness” - Wear PJs
Valentine’s Day Parties (See Classroom Newsletters)
· February 13 – No School for Students – Teacher Work Day
· February 18 & 26th – Parent Teacher Conferences
· February 19 – Special’s Program Rossi & Graham 6:15PM
Woolums, Murray Close & M. Lewis 7:15PM
· March 5- Special’s Program Pearne & McMillan 6:15PM
Steckler & Martino 7:15PM
Town Hall Meeting: Future Capital Needs for the District
The District is looking for parent feedback on how to address future capital needs. Capital needs include building repairs, maintenance and restructuring due to overcrowding. I strongly encourage you to get informed and share your ideas. Click here for the presentation and here to submit your feedback.
SAC Meeting Notes
Click here for SAC Meeting materials. We discussed the following topics this week:
· Chambers Road Expansion & Student Crossing Options for Spring of 2016
· District Master Capital Plan
· Budget Priorities for 2015-2016
Order Your Yearbooks Through March 1
Order your Yearbook today! Here’s how:
* Click here to log on to RevTrak
* Select Elementary Schools, E- L, Gold Rush Elementary
* Go to Additional Items.
Click on Parent Portal to see if you already ordered a yearbook in the fall.
Sock Hop Photos
Please send Sock Hop Photos to email@example.com